Microneedling - Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
Microneedling can significantly improve the appearance of:
- Acne scars and scars
- Aged and sun damaged skin
- Facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
Microneedling is a procedure that stimulates the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally and safely, creating smoother, brighter, healthier, younger-looking skin. Here at Manor Beauty we use Clinicare Microneedling rollers. Clinicare rollers use 540 fine titanium needles to excite the skin sufficiently enough to stimulate collagen/elastin production. Resulting micro-channels also aid in infusing skincare products (such as Epionce) for greater penetration and increasing overall efficacy.
What areas can be treated?
Most areas of the body can be treated, including the face.
Who is suitable?
This gentle treatment is safe for all skin types.
What happens during the treatment?
Your practitioner will use a topical anaesthetic to numb the skin making the procedure comfortable; it will normally take up to 30 minutes for the topical anaesthetic to work and a further 20 – 30 minutes for the Microneedling treatment. The Microneedling device is a rolled over the area to produce thousands of micro-needle-columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.1mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly – often in the same day.
Is there any down time?
Immediately after the treatment it will look like you’ve got moderate sunburn and your skin may feel tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 – 2 hours, with only slight redness the following day. You should avoid makeup immediately after, mineral makeup may be applied. Also avoid exercise and sun exposer for first 48 hours after treatment.
How quickly should I expect results?
It can take up to 6 weeks to see results as that’s how long it takes for new collagen to form. After 1-3 weeks your texture and tone will improve and any pigment start to lift. After 6 weeks you’ll notice an improvement to the appearance of lines, wrinkles and scarring. How many treatments will I need?
It is recommended a course of 3 – 6 treatments for maximum results spaced 4 – 6 weeks apart.
Aftercare – Microneedling
It is very important that you follow the post treatment care advice carefully to help make the procedure as successful as possible and to reduce the risk of complications.
Post-treatment advice includes:
- Use either Epionce Milky Lotion Cleanser or Epionce Gentle Foaming Cleanser to cleanse the area treated for the first 48 hours following treatment. Dry the area gently without rubbing
- Ensure your hands are always clean when touching the area treated to avoid infections
- Do not apply conventional make-up products to the skin for the first 12 hours following treatment. Colorescience mineral make-up products can be applied as recommended by your practitioner
- Apply your normal Epionce skincare products according to the regime specifically designed for you
- Avoid Lytic products for approximately 7 days until your skin has returned to normal
- It is important to keep applying Epionce Ultra Shield SPF 50 on a daily basis